World Series Close
The Ultimate Solution for Dense, Reinforced, and Long-Lasting Concrete Protection
World Series Close is used to densify, reinforce and dust-bind relatively porous concrete (high VCT). World Series Close reinforces concrete surfaces against heavy wear and tear and protects against chlorides and aggressive liquids. The protection is diffusion-open (releases vapor), long-lasting, environmentally friendly, and acid-resistant. It is the perfect product to surface reinforce and fill pores and cracks in concrete and cement-based screed without affecting paint or the risk of white precipitation. The product has a fast reaction time (15–20 min) and the surface can normally be put into use already after 1 hour. By protecting in depth, it is insensitive to external influences such as abrasion and impact. Treatment increases the wear resistance (abrasion hardness) of new concrete by over 35% and has a strong re-strengthening effect on older cement-based substrates.
Environmentally assessed and approved by Swedish Byggvarubedömningen.
Use of World Series Close
- Grind the floor with our World Series Metals, #60/80. Damage and visible cracks (>0.5 mm) must be repaired before treatment
- If the surface is porous, the abrasive dust can be left behind to bind together with World Series Proof in the pores. The grinding process can be resumed as soon as the surface dries. The temperature of the surface should exceed +5°C.
- Apply using a low-pressure sprayer or alternatively by pouring it out and distributing evenly with rubber blade, microfibre mop or soft brush. The treatment is carried out until full saturation is reached. The coverage is approximately 0.1–0.3 lit/m² depending on the absorbency of the substrate and the desired penetration depth. Full saturation is achieved after about 20–30 minutes.
- Stop application when World Series Close starts to “gel” which usually happens sooner on new concrete. Remove excess that may otherwise form glossy or white stains and impair adhesion of other coating.
- Continue the grinding process as instructed. For extra pore filling, World Series Close can be applied thinly after each subsequent grinding step up to #400.
- Drying time: Pedestrian traffic is permitted after approx. 3 hours. May be exposed to water after 6 hours and heavier traffic is permitted after 24 hours. Full resistance to aggressive liquids is achieved after 36 days.
20 litre / package